Mode of Action
Comparison of the heating periods of the most important plastics
STIR®-heaters create a special infrared with a phase wave length, especially in the range of 2-10 µm, which is nearly conform to the absorption of CH-groups in plastics. Due to this fact it is possible to speed up the heating processes in comparison to other methods, without any quality losses.
- Energy saving of 40-50 %
- Time saving of 60-80 %
Gelation of PO-Plastisol
By a changeover from moisture-hardening silicone to warm-hardening EP-adhesives in combination with a STIR®-heating system it is possible to extremely speed up the hardening of the adhesives. This method is used, e. g. in the automotive engineering.
- Shortening of processing times to < 50%
- Energy saving of 30-50%
Heating time of 1K-EP-adhesive
STIR® is much more effective in comparison to conventional processing with adhesives by convection heat or near-infrared, as the absorbance of the chemical molecules in the product are extensively conform to the emission spectrum of STIR®. Therewith it is possible to reduce the time- and energy effort without without compromising on quality.
- Shortening of process times to < 50%
- Energy saving of 30-50%
Hardening of 2K-EP-resin at 80°C
By adjustment of the emissions of STIR®-heaters with the absorption of the functional groups in fiber-glass reinforced epoxy resin, it is possible to control the curing process of the EP-laminating resin system much better and thereby reduce the time- and energy effort considerably.
- Time saving and reduction of space up to 25%
- Acceleration of the processing time
Application orientation and absorption bands
|Groups of molecules||Phase wavelengths (µm)||temperature (°C)||Intersectional temperature (°C)|
|-CO (epoxide ring)||8,06||87||87|
The needed λ max. by the good as well as the strongest absorption bands for typical OH- and CH-groups are around 3 to 8 µm (application-oriented selection of the relevant functional ceramics).
- Maximal emission of the heater in the phase wave length of 2 to 10 μm, which are adjusted on the plastics
- Faster reaction times and thereby diminution and price-reduction of the equipment
- Drastic improvement of the energy efficiency and thereby cost-reduction and reduction of CO2-emmisions.
- Manufacturing on individual customer demands or module construction
- Direct and constant heating (absolutely contactless)
- Partial irradiation possible due to modular construction in selectable form
- Variable 3D-geometry by horizontal and vertical heater